Sunday 24 February 2013

MJ Update

well..MJ is due to be born in 4 more days..wow...so hard to believe...she is 9 weeks old and swinging in the swing in our living room...looks like a little angel...but, trust me...her lungs continue to develop!! She now cries with tears and is starting to get some volume!! She is on two antibiotics for a uti..that gives her the bellyache at times...but overall, she continues to improve daily..i was hoping the breathing treatments would soon be over but I feel that she will need them for a while longer...not so much due to pneumonia but more so due to her prematurity...she takes about 2 oz every 3 hours but sometimes she has to take a break in between the first and second ounce...can't wait to see how much weight she has gained...last doctor visit she weighed 4 pounds 12 oz!!

She is starting to wake up more now and is using her hands more and more. She gets more interactive each day!  I was just thinking about all we have gone through to get to this point...and everything MJ has went through...3 egg retrievals from me with 2 negative results and one miscarriage...1 donor egg retrieval with MJ and one negative donor frozen transfer...5 attempts involving numerous people...used about 20 embryos total so far...and finally we have one baby...a baby born at 29 weeks in a third world country...her diagnosis include 29 weeks gestation, low birth weight, PAD, CHF, pneumonia, uti, hypoxia, tracheomalacia...and yet, shes swinging in her swing with her pacifier in her mouth in our living room right now.....and life is good...

IVF/surrogacy in India is not for the faint hearted, that's for sure...but it worked for us...and for many others before us...it wasn't easy...wasn't cheap and wasn't guaranteed...but..it worked....there are still many out there that it hasn't worked for and I keep them in my prayers...as they get second mortgages, loans, sell assets...all for the pursuit of a child.....and I encourage them to keep their eye on the prize...and keep the faith...

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone that has kept us in their prayers...and thank you for all of the kind comments on our blog...I have trouble replying to the comments...my computer gets nutty..so, I just wanted to let you all know that I read your comments and they mean the world to me...take care and God Bless!


                                                      

 
MJ 7 weeks old
 
first family photo with all of us together the night we got home from India
 

10 comments:

  1. MJ looks like perfection to me!! Glad to hear her health is ok and improving. Thanks for the update!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww great to hear MJ is getting better, can't wait to hear her weight gain, you're doing so well x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful precious miracle! Thank you for sharing her with us and the world. I look forward to hearing more good news about her health, development and the joy of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is stunning! Hang in there-- I know those breathing treatments and small feeds equal no sleep for mama;) But I'm glad to hear that she is improving and I have no doubt that she will thrive surrounded by that gorgeous loving family of yours! And yes, we totally need to catch up soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! Hugs and kisses to MJ. Best wishes to the family. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is just perfect! It is a question of time that she will outgrow all the health issues! She is a tough cookie :-) kisses and hugs to little MJ! I m so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great family photo! MJ is such a precious little cutie pie :-) Hoping all the health issues resolve themselves quickly

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW she looks so good I am so happy for you guys that things are going well with MJ. Keep up the good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping the beautiful MJ is doing well, growing in size and gaining in good health.

    ReplyDelete