Tuesday 6 December 2011

grow baby grow!!!

I was just going to update my last post a bit. I was out of town when we got the results and was having to post via my smartphone. I had to keep it brief due to poor service and my slowness!! Anyway, I just wanted to say that we are over the moon..I get excited...then I try to bring myself down and remain realistic that there are no guarantees and still a high miscarriage rate...we still have a long way to go and it could go either way...But, it is slowly sinking in...as for now at least....WE ARE PREGNANT!!! And, for the fist time while pregnant I'm not throwing up 6-10 times a day!!! Unfortunately I appear to have had some sympathetic weight gain....that I am trying to work on...it doesn't help that I'm an emotional eater...I have heard some women say that they gained 10 pounds with every fertility treatment...omg...I'm destined to be a fatty....I guess now the big decision is...do I go back in jan/feb for a sibling project or wait until baby pick up in July? God forbid anything happens to this pregnancy but if it does, I would like to be ahead of the game...besides, I am way over due for botox (lol; everyone know wrinkles and children go hand in hand!!) and I'm not going to do that again until we are through with egg retrievals.....My worry about waiting until july is that i will be, gulp, the big 40 in July....after age 38 your fertility takes a huge hit every 6 mths...and lets face it...I'm not a spring chicken and not a big egg producer...then I feel guilty for even considering doing it again when there are so many that have never had a positive or have had miscarriages....I tell myself I should be grateful for what God has given us so far and stop being selfish....but in reality, I really would like for this baby to have a younger sibling...I don't want him/her to be too spoiled!! And between us, grandparents and the two older siblings...he/she will have no choice but to be spoiled rotten!!! but, honestly, I went from an afc of 17 to a mere 4 in a little less than a year.... I do not have time (or follicles) to waste!! But, on a positive note I wanted to add all of the measurements and information obtained from our ultrasound at 8 weeks...that will give the other IP's something to compare to...all of the IP's blogs have been a godsend for me and a great resource to compare notes to...well here it goes...8 week scan showed well defined gestational sac containing single live embryo. Yolk sac is normal. Heartrate of 158. Decidual reaction is adequate. CRL measures 17mm which corresponds to 8 weeks 1 day. Dr. Shivani reported it as normal.I love normal!!! Woo hoo!!! Hope that info help!! Now we are on a 2 week ultrasound schedule...so, no news....is good news!!!! Rene'

9 comments:

  1. I understand the desire to try again as we did. We also had a big gap and wanted Isla to have a sibling. My advice is to go back in Feb as that will give you enough time between babies (given pick up and getting to know them). Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news thanks for the comparison info! All the best girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for another round - you will never regret going, but you may regret not going!

    I am so excited about your "normal" results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear things are going so well!!I am two weeks behind you with a positive as well!!You bet that as an IP,I have been comparing notes...and I look forward to reading more good news so that I can continue to compare notes!!Thanks for sharing!!
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Stacey, go back for another round.
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted to go back in february for an ivf rounder but to freeze the embies because i cant afford to engage in 2 processes but Dr Shivani said she would prefer a fresh transfer. All these is just to beat the race against time( AGE)so if you can do it then go for it girl. I pray you little one keeps growing.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys!! I was leaning toward going back in January or February....I just needed a gentle "shove"...we are moving in January so more than likely it will be February before we could do the next retrieval....hopefully time and finances will allow a retrieval soon!!! Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rene go back asap your dhea would have kicked it nicely and the clock is ticking for all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fantastic! - I especially like the 'normal' result!...it's not often we hear that word!. Grow baby grow!

    ReplyDelete